Thank you for your interest in becoming a C.A.S.A. volunteer. Below you will find a list of requirements. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at 909.881.6760 or emailing us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you! We would also like to invite you to attend an upcoming information session. Information sessions happen the first Thursday of every month and other scheduled dates in different locations in the county. Please call our office to RSVP to attend next month’s!
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS 4th Quarter 2017
When? Thursday, December 7, 2017, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Where? C.A.S.A. Office, 851 S. Mt Vernon, Suite 7A, Colton, CA 92324
When? Thursday, December 7, 2017, 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Where? C.A.S.A. Office, 16020 Apple Valley Rd, Suite B6, Apple Valley CA 92307
Requirements for Volunteering with C.A.S.A. of San Bernardino County:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Have no prior criminal convictions
- Possess a California Driver's License
- Have a clean driving record
- Not work in a capacity that would be a conflict of interest (i.e., a foster parent or social worker in San Bernardino County)
If you meet the above listed requirements, the next step would be to either call 909.881.6760 and speak with our Community Outreach Coordinator or attend one of our monthly information sessions. The info session is a great opportunity to learn more about our program and volunteering. Once you attend the info session and determine that CASA is the right fit for you, the training process will begin. This process includes:
1. Completion of a volunteer application: ( Click to download)
2. A pre-training interview with CASA staff
3. Submit the following documents:
- An FBI/DOJ/CACI and National Sex Offender Registry background check form (provided during training).
- Social Security number check (provided during training)
- A DMV printout (last 10 years).
- A copy of a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
- Three positive references.
4. Completion of 30 hours of classroom training. (Click to view upcoming training schedule)