C.A.S.A. (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of San Bernardino County has been serving children and youth in the foster care system for over 30 years. The mission of C.A.S.A. is to improve the quality of life for foster youth, juvenile justice youth and alumni youth through stable and consistent mentoring and advocacy provided through trained community volunteers. Our agency is growing, and we are searching for a West End Community Outreach Coordinator. This is a newly developed position to help support the agency's expansion.
In this fast-paced position, you will be responsible for the overall outreach and recruitment throughout the West End geographical area of San Bernardino County. Duties include: participating in appropriate community events such as resource fairs and farmer’s markets to raise awareness of the C.A.S.A. program and volunteer opportunities, inputting all inquiries into the database system, and conducting follow-up phone calls and e-mails with interested parties. This position will also be responsible for interviewing and screening potential volunteers, compiling information and paperwork for completion of volunteer files, and conducting new volunteer training. A key to this position will be building relationships to recruit volunteers and possible donors by attending West End meetings and community forums, conducting presentations about the C.A.S.A. program, coordinating and facilitating information sessions, as well as finding creative ways of marketing the C.A.S.A. message throughout the region. This position will work closely with the Community Outreach Department and will report directly to the Community Outreach Manager.
Pay for this position is $17/hour, plus benefits to include sick and vacation time, medical insurance, and 12 paid holidays per year.
Preferred Skills / Requirements:
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
• Experience in community outreach and engagement
• Interviewing and volunteer match skills
• Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently under general supervision
• Ability to make administrative, procedural and appropriate decisions using CASA guidelines
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with diverse groups, staff, volunteers, board of directors and community partners
• Ability to have a flexible working schedule that will include some nights and weekends
• Ability to gather and report data, compile information and prepare monthly reports as necessary
• Knowledge of resources within communities in the West End of the county, cities and local areas to recruit volunteers
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and extensive internet researching skills
• Ability to attend and complete new CASA training
• Ability to pass a Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance, Social Security number Check, National and local Megan’s Law Database check
• Valid California driver’s license and insurance
• Travel (primarily within San Bernardino County) and to the main office on a monthly basis
For More Information or To Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of: Maggie Harris-Community Outreach Manager e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday, May 4, 2018
No phone calls please